CALL FOR THE SPECIAL SESSIONS
Prospective participants of the RAST 2009 (4th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies) are encouraged to organize special sessions (5-6 papers) a particular area within the conference theme.
A special session is expected to consist of at least 5 papers dealing with a central theme.
As a token of our appreciation each session organizer will receive 100% registration fee waiver provided that at least 5 papers are presented with at least 5 regular fee paying participants.
How to organize a special session?
1. Identify a provisional title for your session within the general theme of the conference and under one of the topics appearing in the conference CFP.
2. Collect 5 abstracts (<= 200 words) containing title, authors and short description, from people who can make a significant contribution to the proposed session. Although the judgment of the session organizer is primary criteria for acceptance, the conference technical chairs reserve the right for the final decision. In case of any hesitation, please propose two referees (name and e-mail address) for each paper.
3. Send all information as soon as possible but before the deadline of 15 December 2008 to one of the Special Sessions Co-chairs; Dr. Col. Serdar Kargın (email@example.com), Seyhan Onbaşıoğlu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Zafar Taqvi (email@example.com) who will do a fast initial check and consult the technical program co-chairs and the members of the International Program Committee.
4. Within a few days you will receive some comments from the Special Session Co-chairs, and further directions on how to continue.
5. The extended abstracts will have to be submitted by the respective authors via the conference web site and will enter the refereeing procedure of the corresponding area. The same deadlines apply as for regular submissions (see the conference CFP).
6. In case one or more of the proposed contributions are rejected, the program chairs will try to complete the session with some suitable accepted regular submissions.
7. The organizer will act as session chair at RAST 2009.